1. After delivery of all engineering models and SRT test sets to LA main ASC activities were moved to LA as well.
2. Teleconference on project status and development was held on October 2. The Minutes of the teleconference will be issued soon.
3. Technical meeting between specialists of the ASC, LA and Space Device Corporation (subcontractor on VIRC development) was held at the ASC with the discussion on the status of development of the spacecraft bus service and control systems. Special attention was paid to the problem of tests on the electromagnetic compatibility between service and scientific on-board payload.
4. Technical meeting between the specialists of the ASC, LA and the Institute of Applied Mathematics (IAM) was held at the ASC with the discussions on the accuracy and the technique of orbit measurements, prediction and reconstruction for the option of high 9-days RadioAstron orbit.
5. Adjusting and testing of Formatter blocks (input quadrature convertor – heterodyne frequency selector and digital processing and forming blocks) were going on in September.
6. Termal tests of Power Supply block for Formatter were finished.
7. Formatter Operation Manual and qualification testing documentation and forms creation has been started.
8. The program of oncoming radio astronomical tests in Pushchino has been updated.
9. H2O megamaser source Circinus was included in the list of prospective radio sources to be studied with the RadioAstron.
1. All engineering models of scientific equipment were assembled in the configurations for tests in Pushchino.
The SRT was attached to special supporting frame, and LNA cooling system (NSOTR) was installed on the Focal Container.
2. Now the assembled system is subjected to final functional tests before the shipment to Pushchino.
ASC Astro Space Center of Lebedev Physical Instutute
Cold Plate cooled LNAs and antenna feed
DC hermetic device container (part of payload); it contains Formatter, Rb oscillators,
synthesizer, control unit and is placed under dish
DM Device Module = DC + H-maser
EGSE Electronic Ground Support Equipment
Electronic Complex all SRT electronics
EM Engineering Model
FC Focal Container – hermetic package with the scientific payload; it contains receivers,
microwave synthesizer, control unit and is placed in focal site of dish
FM Focal Module = Focal Container+Cold Plate
LA Lavochkin Association
OHCFS-SRT Space Radio Telescope On-board Heterodyne and Clock Frequency Synthesizer set
OHFS-SRT Space Radio Telescope On-board Hydrogen Frequency Standard
ORFS-SRT Space Radio Telescope On-board Rubidium Frequency Standard
Spacecraft bus spacecraft itself (without payload).
SRT Space Radio Telescope (all scientific payload including 10-m dish)
TMS Spacecraft Telemetry System (technical)
TVT Thermo-Vacuum Tests
VIRK Scientific high rate (up to 2x72 Mbit/s) radio complex, including transponder
ZBIT Zero Baseline Interferometer Tests (ZBIT)